13 January 2009
Posted at 17:48 in
Giving my jewellery shop some luuuurve... I have been favouring simple designs lately and here are a couple of recent gemmy additions to the earrings collection. Both are one of a kind pieces and won't be re-made.


Springleaf EarringsThe Springleaf Earrings

I've discovered that "spring green" is an actual colour name, and that colour is precisely chrysoprase. It's bright green with a little tinge of aqua, and top quality chrysoprase is gel-like to translucent. I like pairing this particular gemstone with oxidised sterling silver because the dark and weathered look makes the pop of colour all the more arresting. Simple and classic earrings with large, elongated stones.

P.S. there is a matching "Sprout" chrysoprase bracelet with oxidised sterling accents in store too. Perfect for spring.



Palatine EarringsThe Palatine Earrings

Forget "pink amethyst" and forget "green amethyst". I just had to grab these glowing briolettes when I saw them. Unlike the indigo-ish, cloudy variety, or the watery so-pale-it's-lavender variety, these amethysts are rich, vibrant and very unapologetically purple. The kind of shade you'd imagine favoured by the fabulously royal or wealthy in imperial to medieval times. I would pop them in my mouth and expect a burst of juicy grape but... I guess I won't. Paired with elegant twisted hoops and my long-stemmed earwires in 14K goldfill.

1 comments:
  @ 26 January 2009 at 01:16 msbelle said...
God, how I want your camera....
About this blog
Musings from the studio: new handmade jewelry, product photography, shop announcements, sneak previews and the trials and tribulations of running your own business.
Jasmin Lee © all rights reserved.