18 November 2010
Posted at 18:19 in , ,
Wow, I've really fallen behind on my blog. Been busy with everything and nothing. Which is to say, if you want anything made for Christmas, now would be a good time to act, since we're already in the second half of November and I'm rushing out some festive commissions. Don't forget, international shipping cutoff is Nov 24th, Dec 17th for Singapore packages.

In other news, here are some goodies from my new ---{@ fiorissimo @}--- collection. Ralph Waldo Emerson said the Earth laughs in flower. Well, you and I know that flowers, especially roses, have been celebrated in art and literature since antiquity. What appeals to me most are their uniqueness, transience, fragility and perfection. (And of course their scents, because I'm such an olfactory person.)

So, immortalised petal by petal in durable resin, here are the rose earrings:


Now, I am fully aware of many similar pieces on offer out there. They're exceedingly easy to make. But I've forgone tacky colours and dodgy findings to pair what I believe are some of the most nicely cast floral "cabochons" with 925 sterling silver. They are just the right size too, because you know, it's a bit much if the blooms are too large. Lots of colours too, from the darkest red to palest blush pink. I've been smitten by au nom de la rose ever since I visited their stores in Paris, please just indulge me ;)

Some time back, I also bought these really fab quality brass filigree ring bases (white, black and antiqued brass), but it turned out they didn't really work with the things I wanted to put them together with. So I've set these open roses on them and I think they look rather decent. Photogenic, in any case:


All in all, great gifts for girly girls, diehard romantics, little princesses, nature lovers, bridesmaids or of course, yourself. These items are now in my ArtFire studio, with more Fiorissimo pieces and other stocking stuffers coming soon.

But first, my weekend break awaits :D

0 comments:
About this blog
Musings from the studio: new handmade jewelry, product photography, shop announcements, sneak previews and the trials and tribulations of running your own business.
Jasmin Lee © all rights reserved.