26 December 2010
Hope everyone's having happy handmade holidays - if not presents then food at least, yes? Now that the big day is over, I can finally share the bits and bobs that emerged over the past couple of weeks.

Some of my own personal gifts this year:


From left to right:

1) Earrings for my mum - when I saw these Swarovski crystal drops I immediately thought of her. Her favourite colour, you see.

2) Nesting necklace for my cousin Janice - who is expecting a little one in a few more months. She recently went on a shopping spree too :P

3) Long dark drapey necklace for WG - who laments having "few cool possessions" and not being able to carry off most things. Incidentally, this is the first piece of a new collection I have in the works... stay tuned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was also tasked to come up with some pressies on specific budgets... LOL. Well, I thought I rose to the challenge reasonably well... :X

After endless discussion about size, colours and style, and the subsequent component hunting, these impossibly petite earrings emerged:


Also in the set is this necklace with complementary colours and floral theme:


Girly? A little out of my comfort zone, perhaps. But there was also this bracelet that I enjoyed working on, because from what I understood, the recipient likes the sort of colours and style to which I'm quite partial myself.


So autumny and woodlandy. Made with smokey quartz, warm-hued quartz rounds, a variety of Czech glass leaves and flowers and antiqued brass findings.

Meanwhile, presents for office colleagues were on another Santa's list:


On the left, bookmarks with various gemstone and glass charms. I don't know how many people still read physical books in this iPad age, but I know I do and am always scrabbling around for bookmarks that are not old receipts or paper napkins. It doesn't help that I usually happen to be concurrently in the middle of 289 books and magazines.

On the right, a small selection of bobby pin pairs that I also ended up adding to the Fiorissimo collection (which includes pairs and trios). I really love those resin flowers - everything about them is a delight from the soft, un-gaudy shades to the well-made, petal-perfect details.

And now it's back to work. Had to take a break the past 3 days but really gotta hit the ground running tomorrow.

6 comments:
  @ 26 December 2010 at 15:44 monkeycrab said...
Oh wow I like those bookmarks. Like u I'm always in the middle of too many books at the same time. I only have one proper bookmark now and have been resorting to torn and tattered old receipts which can be very embarrassing when I take my book on an outing.
  @ 26 December 2010 at 15:45 monkeycrab said...
Oh I like those impossibly petite earrings with the floral theme too. :)
  @ 26 December 2010 at 15:45 Unknown said...
i buy them when i travel, but never seem to have enough! maybe need to travel more.
  @ 26 December 2010 at 20:38 Wan said...
OOoo I think your version of nesting necklace is so natural/organic, if you get what I mean. :D

I can so relate re bookmarks. You just reminded me to get new ones. The current bookmark is a coupon from Threadless! LOL
  @ 27 December 2010 at 14:28 Unknown said...
er yes.. i think that was the intention when making it. tried to make it look as realistic as possible :)

sigh, and i'd like to add namecards and clothing tags to the list of makeshift bookmarks.
  @ 5 January 2011 at 21:01 Anonymous said...
I don't usually say this but… I wuv you!
*screeches and runs away in embarrassment*
About this blog
Musings from the studio: new handmade jewelry, product photography, shop announcements, sneak previews and the trials and tribulations of running your own business.
Jasmin Lee © all rights reserved.