09 September 2010
Posted at 18:55 in , ,
Epiphany: I think the gauge of which pieces I really like and feel inspired about vs which ones I'm kind of indifferent to is, quite simply, how easily I'm able to give them names (and I don't mean "girl names" like Eva or Francine). Sometimes a working name will be floating around before the piece is even born, sometimes the name just jumps out once it's completed. And you may not know or do this, but every time I list a new product, I run a quick search to see if the name I've chosen has already been used, and in what context. Compulsive, perhaps.

I used to write slightly longer descriptions for all my pieces, but now I just can't. I'm sorry but I'm tired of thinking up adjectives, superlatives and other marketing babble already. I've run out of stories to tell, and can't stand sounding like a broken record. The pictures should speak for themselves anyway, and I simply make it a point to mention the general design, measurements and materials used. Most of the time, it is hard not to sound clichéd, cheesy or obvious. But we all get on with life, as we all must.

So, the man has been hogging the PS3 of late, and I've found myself with sizeable pockets of spare time at home, even over the weekends (i.e. when ochlophobia is at its worst and hermit mode kicks in). Here are some new earrings that should be listed sometime next week:



I love how they turned out. I hope you do too. Now I need to restock those little pins...

3 comments:
  @ 9 September 2010 at 19:40 Yazmin said...
I remember writing descriptions and found it tiring, too. There's only so much you can say without repeating yourself unless you just have that crazy creative writer gene. :)
  @ 9 September 2010 at 20:40 Unknown said...
there's only so much i can say before i find myself getting pretentious. maybe my tolerance has fallen over the years. most of all, i think it's just being tired.
  @ 15 September 2010 at 22:55 msbelle said...
Stunningly pretty, all of them!

I detest writing descriptions about as much as I detest doing pics.
About this blog
Musings from the studio: new handmade jewelry, product photography, shop announcements, sneak previews and the trials and tribulations of running your own business.
Jasmin Lee © all rights reserved.